Nature has been unleashing its powers in a show of supremacy over mortals. Last weekend, I went with my church (Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints) to help the hurricane victims in Bessemer Alabama. It was a never forgeting sight. It was beyond belief to see such devastation. I could not imagine the horrors that the victims went through.
Today, we are afraid of the cresting of the Mississippi river in Memphis.
Our thoughts should go to these individuals been pounded relentlessly by forces of nature. I will upload some photos of my trip.
Since the Mississippi river is rising in Memphis,are there enough shelters for those who will be impacted by this flooding?
ReplyDeleteWith a raging Mississippi river threatening to crest today, although slightly below the record 48.7 feet of 1937. Can this Mississippi river flooding rise to a point that would overpower the levee system? Are there contigency plans in place?
ReplyDeleteHow does the flood control system actually work?
ReplyDeleteShould all Americans be mandated to carry forces of nature Insurance? Is the flood insurance comprehensive enough to help the flood victims.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the role of Washington in cases of flooding and what role is FEMA playing now in Memphis.
ReplyDeleteShould there be emergency preparedness for States that are within the flooding Zone.
ReplyDeleteI hope that there are no looters. We should be our brothers keeper. We are Americans, we help the whole world so we have to make sure we look after our own.
ReplyDeleteWhere are the pictures of the church trip to Alabama to assist the Tornado victims?
ReplyDeleteI posted some pictures last night. I wonder why it is not showing. I will work on it.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are in the drop box
ReplyDelete